Word Made Flesh - Moldova
Nestled between Romania and Ukraine, Moldova is one of the smallest of the former Soviet Union’s republics. Dancing sunflower fields and rolling vineyards cover much of this beautiful country, a country whose people are seeking to understand who they are and where they stand in the world after being tossed unrelentingly among the hands of multiple powers in recent history until gaining independence in 1991.Vision
The community of Word Made Flesh Moldova strives for a transformed world in which each person is loved, valued, and empowered and has equal opportunities to integrate into and actively function in society.Details
WMF Moldova, A.O. La VIA, is a nongovernmental organization that builds community among the vulnerable and the marginalized: children and their families. We create a space of respect and hope, offering equal chances of holistic healing and recovery through an after-school program for children ages 8 - 16. All of the children that participate are from socially vulnerable families.
Our After-school Activities include:
- Handmade Purses, Bags and Greeting Cards
- Health and Hygiene Lessons
- Art Projects
- Social Skill Development
- IMPACT Service Learning Club for teens
- Moral-Spiritual Education
- Hot lunch for one child= $20/ month
- La VIA program for one child = $40/ month
- One IMPACT service learning club = $ 100/ month
- One Full- time La VIA staff member = $ 200/ month
- Healing: We consider spiritual healing to be at the foundation of the healthy functioning of each person, providing trust and courage to integrate into society. We prize holistic healing, meaning full recovery in all aspects of the human being (physical, social, mental, emotional, spiritual) that produces a sense of fulfillment and hope.
- Integrity: By integrity we mean “whole character; the sense of dignity, justice and conscientiousness that serves as a guide in human behavior” (DEX,http://dexonline.ro/, translated from Romanian).
- Action: In a world of indifference, we declare through our action that injustice is not right and that each person matters and has equal chances of a transformed life.
There are no updates at this time.
- Joan Irons
- Cristina Bratt
- Annie Keith
- Megan McFarland
- Dave and Jody Nonnemacher
- Susan Hanscom
- JoAnn Whitley
- John Koon
- Helene and Greg Atkinson
- Tara Woodward
- Megan McFarland
- Paige Chapman-Layland
- Cayla Smith
- Anna Boyer
- B & P Company
- Karl Kosobucki
- Andrew Levine
- Margaret Feit
- Christopher Scarborough
- Steve Michmerhuizen