Word Made Flesh - Moldova
A GIFT FOR TODAY = HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
La VIA Community Center for children-at-risk exists due to the generosity of friends who have responded to our call since our beginnings in 2010!
Now the children have a place they enjoy and where they are accepted and valued!
We invite you to become part of our community through a contribution that will offer durability to our programs. Become one of 1000 people who will give 10 dollars for 6 months this year in order for our Community Center to continue to operate.
Your gift today offers a future for children-at-risk!
The community of Word Made Flesh Moldova strives for a transformed world in which each person is loved, valued, and empowered and has equal opportunities to integrate into and actively function in society.Mission
WMF Moldova, A.O. La VIA, is a nongovernmental organization that builds community among the vulnerable and the marginalized: children and their families. We create a space of respect and hope, offering equal chances of holistic healing and recovery through an after-school program for children ages 8 - 16. All of the children that participate are from socially vulnerable families.
Our After-school Programs include:
Free hot lunch and snack, homework tutoring, moral-spiritual education, social skills,art, games, service learning IMPACT clubs and summer camps.
- Healing: We consider spiritual healing to be at the foundation of the healthy functioning of each person, providing trust and courage to integrate into society. We prize holistic healing, meaning full recovery in all aspects of the human being (physical, social, mental, emotional, spiritual) that produces a sense of fulfillment and hope.
- Integrity: By integrity we mean “whole character; the sense of dignity, justice and conscientiousness that serves as a guide in human behavior” (DEX,http://dexonline.ro/, translated from Romanian).
- Action: In a world of indifference, we declare through our action that injustice is not right and that each person matters and has equal chances of a transformed life.
There are no updates at this time.
- Joan Irons
- Cristina Bratt
- Annie Keith
- Megan McFarland
- Dave and Jody Nonnemacher
- Susan Hanscom
- JoAnn Whitley
- John Koon
- Ruth Entwistle
- Juli Hanscom
- Helene and Greg Atkinson
- First Congregational Church
- Tara Woodward
- Megan McFarland
- Paige Chapman-Layland
- Cayla Smith
- Anna Boyer
- B & P Company
- Karl Kosobucki
- Andrew Levine
- Margaret Feit
- Christopher Scarborough
- Steve Michmerhuizen