Word Made Flesh Romania gives a better future for vulnerable children through personal development through partnering friends.
Word Made Flesh Romania serves among children vulnerable to running away from home, vulnerable to dropping out of school, vulnerable to being trafficked, vulnerable to abuse and exploitation, and vulnerable to social marginalization and ethnic discrimination.
“The Valley” Community Center in Galati – where over 40 children receive daily:
- A hot meal and personal care (like a hot shower)
- Support in the development of positive behavioral skills
- Developing their capacities and life-skills
- (Re) integration into school
- Help with homework and in catching up with their education
- Help with supplies and uniforms so they can regularly attend school
- Art, play and gardening therapies
- Spiritual and moral education
- Computer skills
- Support in job placement.
Summer Camp – a week long stay in the mountains for over 35 children
Adult Education – In order to best support the children, we organize activities for adults;
- Parenting courses;
- Health and hygiene courses;
- Courses on child development and discipline
Commuity Development – We visit vulnerable families in the neighborhood and on the margins of the city:
- Developing relationships with our neighbors;
- Learning about their situations and needs;
- Supporting them in accessing the systems of health and social care;
- Identifying the activities that we can do together to improve the neighborhood.
Max* is short in stature, thin, with blond hair and beautiful bright blue eyes, has some speech deficiencies, and prefers to play alone. His start at the center was slow-paced. With unmet emotional and material needs, Max was lacking the desire to attend school and the center. As the youngest in his family, he had…
Dear friends, As most of you know, I have worked with Word Made Flesh for twelve years: six years in Romania and another six in Moldova. It’s amazing how time flies and as I look back I realize how wonderfully God has cared for all my needs over the years. He picked me up when I…
Here’s a video showing some of the activities we did with the kids at the center during Christmas! It was filled with laughter, caroling, games, meals together, and joy. I hope yours was the same! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families!