Word Made Flesh Romania gives a better future for vulnerable children through personal development through partnering friends.
Word Made Flesh Romania serves among children vulnerable to running away from home, vulnerable to dropping out of school, vulnerable to being trafficked, vulnerable to abuse and exploitation, and vulnerable to social marginalization and ethnic discrimination.
“The Valley” Community Center in Galati – where over 40 children receive daily:
- A hot meal and personal care (like a hot shower)
- Support in the development of positive behavioral skills
- Developing their capacities and life-skills
- (Re) integration into school
- Help with homework and in catching up with their education
- Help with supplies and uniforms so they can regularly attend school
- Art, play and gardening therapies
- Spiritual and moral education
- Computer skills
- Support in job placement.
Summer Camp – a week long stay in the mountains for over 35 children
Adult Education – In order to best support the children, we organize activities for adults;
- Parenting courses;
- Health and hygiene courses;
- Courses on child development and discipline
Commuity Development – We visit vulnerable families in the neighborhood and on the margins of the city:
- Developing relationships with our neighbors;
- Learning about their situations and needs;
- Supporting them in accessing the systems of health and social care;
- Identifying the activities that we can do together to improve the neighborhood.
This is my first prayer letter ever. This is the first month I have served as a full time worker with Word Made Flesh Romania. If you haven’t already read about me joining in from other people’s prayer letters, I am now letting you know that I have recently become a member of this amazing…
This morning we video-conferenced with our staff members in Galati, Romania. As we circled around one of our computers, they circled around there’s; all bundled up wearing scarves, jackets and hats – it is snowy and cold there. Today’s fast day prayer will be focused on their prayer needs. We, here in the office, will be in prayer for the…